We ensure that there is no stigma attached to being in an intervention at our school. We believe that every pupil, at some point in their schooling, needs something, whatever that might be.
We will ensure that the additional support we provide is effective by:
· Looking at the individual needs of each child and identifying their barriers to learning
· Ensuring additional support staff and class teachers communicate regularly to support the next steps for the child/ren
· Using teachers and TAs to provide high quality interventions
· Matching the skills of the support staff to the interventions they provide
Working with other agencies to bring in additional expertise
· Family Support Worker
· Providing extensive support for parents
· To support their children’s learning within the curriculum (meetings with teachers, Pastoral Advisor)
· To manage in times of crisis (behaviour, bereavement, separation, housing)
· Tailoring interventions to the needs of the child (e.g. Targeted maths/reading revision sessions)
· Recognising and building on child’s strengths to further boost confidence, enthusiasm and self-esteem
Going the Extra Mile
In our determination to ensure that all children succeed we recognise the need for and are committed to providing individualised interventions as appropriate for set periods of time to support children in times of crisis.